Here are our top news stories from last month – we want to ensure you ‘Know the News’. Providing you with the news so you don’t get the blues!
- Microsoft held their event Microsoft //Build/ – we lived tweeted the goings on from the keynote speach – here’s everything you need to know about Windows 10
- WWDC 2015 conference dates were announced (8 June – 12 June) and rumours have already started to float around about announcements they might make.
- Apple updated their new music app – ahead of the unveiling of the company’s new streaming service
- Internet balloons are almost ready. Google’s aim is to take internet signal to areas that can’t easily get it, if at all.
- Websites that are easier mobile friendly are now more likely to rank higher on search results than those that aren’t.
- Google is also now a mobile network carrier – Project Fi
- A new keyboard app for Android came out called ‘Google Handwriting Input‘ and it not only recognises words but also drawings
- ‘Twitterstorm’ was trademarked by Twitter and in case you didn’t know, a Twitterstorm is a sudden spike in activity surrounding a certain topic on Twitter
- Twitter changed the way you retweet – you can now add an extra 140 character comment as well as sharing the tweet
- Mark Zuckerberg plans to get free internet to all
- LinkedIn bought an e-learning service called Lynda in the hope of becoming more than just an online resume platform
- YouTube celebrated their 10 year anniversary of the first ever video uploaded – ‘Me at the Zoo’
- YouTube suggested its plans to become a subscription service for those wishing to avoid adverts
- Mini has unveiled its concept for augmented-reality driving glasses – in the hope it will help people drive better
- Karlie Kloss the super model has a passion for code and has officially launched a scholarship to teach girls how to code – #KodeWithKarlie
And of course we can’t forget our news – we enjoyed Easter despite Woody stealing all the eggs and we explained how our April Fools prank went off without a hitch – And of course who can forget how our brave MD George slayed the dragon for us on St Georges Day.
If you’d like to read the news in real time with us then head over to Twitter and follow us – @GMLConsulting. Social media is a great marketing tool and if you’d like to find out more on how it could help you and your business, then don’t hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or call us on 01603 227055.