9th March 2015, Apple streamed their live event “Spring Forward”.
If you missed it, below are the 5 major points covered that you need to know…
1. HBO streaming service, HBO Now, will be exclusive to Apple TV:
– This service will cost $14.99 per month, and Apple has also lowered the cost of the Apple TV from $99 to $69.
2. Apple have sold 700 MILLION iPhones:
– Months after the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus was released, Apple announced that they have sold their 700 millionth iPhone, and will be introducing new Apple Pay Coca Cola machines! Apple also announced that every major car brand has committed to using CarPlay, a feature they started only last year.
3. Apple announces ResearchKit:
– ResearchKit is a software framework, adding to the Apple HealthKit which was announced last year. Apple has teamed up with various medical research associations, allowing them to make powerful apps and diagnostic tools; for example the Parkinsons disease app – this involves tapping tests on your iPhone which can detect hand tremors, tracking your balance by walking with your iPhone in your pocket, and much more.
– Privacy has also been taken in to account – you can decide which apps you participate in, how your data is shared, and Apple won’t see your data.
4. MacBook revamped:
– Apple announced that they have reinvented the notebook, making the new MacBook 24% thinner than last MacBook Air (weighing in at just 2lbs!) It is available in gold for the first time, has a whole new keyboard designed specifically for the MacBook, and is the most energy efficient notebook yet, with an Energy Star rating of 6.1.
5. Apple Watch available on 24th April:
– “The most personal device ever created” – Starting at $349, it has 18 hour battery life and is available in various designs, including stainless steel and even 18 carat gold! The “Glances” feature allows you to swipe to view the things you check most frequently, i.e. your music, calendar, heartrate etc. You can link your watch with your friends’ watches, and simply tap your wrist to get their attention. You can make/take calls on it and read emails, as well as track your daily movements and much more!
to speak to our team of experts who can help you find your perfect mobile solution.